"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Saturday, December 18, 2010

A PINWHEEL QUIILT

There are so many projects (like Diagonal Madness) that I've put to the side until "after the holidays," I felt totally driven to finish the quilt I'm making for the great granddaughter of a cousin in PA.  And, in spite of a million Christmas things that need to get done, today I finished it.  

I'm just tickled pink (or fuschia) by this quilt.  In an earlier post I had issued a plea for help in arranging the fabrics in the design, and my sister had come through with a great design for the 6 fabrics I had laid out.  But, once I got working, I could see that 6 fabrics were too many and so spent a lot of time on the choice and placement of the fabrics.  I love it.  I'll get a back and label ready and bring it to Jan to quilt and she will make it shine even more. 
 

2 comments:

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.