"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

LET'S GET COOKING

The other day I was looking through some of my Mom's small cookbooks and came across this one, from the Quaker Oats Company

 I recognized many of the cookie recipes and plan to get to work on those before too long.  I came across a recipe that was so ridiculous and interesting, I just had to try it.  

It's a meatloaf frosted with mashed potatoes.  
Here's my sous chef Paul frosting the baked meatloaf.  We then popped it under the broiler for 6 minutes or so, and it browned and crisped the outside of the potatoes a bit. 
 We cut into it and here's what it looked like, sumptuous!!  Could I have possibly have packed more calories into a loaf?  
 We dined and were awed at the combination of comfort foods, and certainly enjoyed this very bizarre idea.  Although enjoyable, I'm thinking it's not something to be put on the weekly menu. 

2 comments:

  1. That's a lot of meatloaf! That would last me and Mike about a month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Kidding, I don't have to cook again until after Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.