"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Sunday, November 28, 2010

FINAL BABY QUILT DESIGN

Well, I've had a good time monkeying around with the fabrics and layout for the pinwheel quilt I'm making for a relative's new great grand daughter.  Took me a while, and in the last post I thought I had the design finalized, but I changed it up again when I went to the sewing room, deciding that there's no place in a baby quilt for those fuddy-duddy florals.  I wanted a more whimsical look, and here's what I got:  

I love, love, love the way it looks from across the room, almost as if the pinwheels are going to turn.  I put some selvage strips along the top, those will be the borders, but not necessarily in that arrangement and of course they'll be small medium large.  


Here's a couple of closer views.  

This has been great fun, getting this design in order.  My last few quilts have been designer quilts, with the fabric and design decisions already made for me.  I had forgotten how much fun it is to grab a pile of fabrics and patterns and let the creative juices flow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.