"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Sunday, October 31, 2010

NOTHING SAYS LOVE LIKE A QUILT

Simple Gifts and my sister's baby quilt arrived at their destination in Tennessee, delivered in hand by my brother and his wife.  My brother lives in NC and drove a U-Haul with some furniture for the young couple's new home and a crib for the baby, doing a wild drive involving wrong turns through the mountains.  

No harm done, and our nephew and his lovely wife loved the quilts, as you can see below.  What a special talent we quilters possess, the ability to sew our love and care into the seams of a gift that will outlive us. 


Here's are the expectant parents with the quilt I made, called Simple Gifts:

 And, here with the quilt my sister made:  
 
I'm already looking forward to a trip to Tennessee for a visit with these dear ones and their baby, who will be arriving on the scene in December.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.