"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Friday, October 29, 2010

LET'S PLAY THE COLOR AND PATTERN GAME

 We got a joyous call yesterday from a cousin in Pennsylvania, she had a great grand daughter born!  And, she asked if I'd make a quilt for the baby and of course I will.  


I have a collection of fabrics on hand I've been wanting to do something smashing with, and perhaps this is the occasion.  


Here's the pattern I'm going to use:  





And, here's the fabric collection.  You can't see it well but the fuschia fabric has a wheat pattern in it.  



OK now you can tell me which fabric to use where, I've numbered them 1-6.  I won't disclose my ideas til you tell me yours.  






2 comments:

  1. The pinwheels should be #2 and #6 or #1 and #6 for strong contrast. Plain squares should be #4. I would do the borders the reverse of in the picture for a softer look-#6 for first border, #5 for the second and #3 for the big border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you are good! As I was straining my brain on this one, I figured that if I threw it out there you and others would nail it down for me. So, got it set without wasting a brain cell and I know you were probably yawning it was so obvious to you, right? I don't think I'm going to use fabric #1, as it's a bright white and the others are all more muted.

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.