"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Friday, October 15, 2010

FRIDAY AFTERNOON IN THE SEWING ROOM

It's a peaceful Friday here at the homestead, I've got nowhere I have to be and so have been working on Diagonal Madness.  

I put two rows at a time up on the wall

Then I sew the 4 patches for the two rows and then sew the rows.  Once that's done, I sew the rows onto the main quilt which at this point looks like this:
 I'm really pleased with the way it's coming together.   It's not a quilt you can make in a weekend, week or even month.  But, the results are amazing and well worth the work.  

I had my sidekicks with me in the sewing room, as usual.  It's a chilly, windy, day here in New England and I bet that nap in the sunshine feels darn good.  
Poor Cassy got the short end of the stick.  Misty and Reesie have taken over her bed in the sun.  

1 comment:

  1. That is going to be one lively and lovely quilt when it is done! I absolutely love what you have gone so far!

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.