"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Sunday, October 17, 2010

FALL IN NEW ENGLAND

Here's what we did yesterday


Nope, I'm not out bird watching, I'm boat watching:


Dear daughter Anna is on the crew team in a boat of 4 for a college in Boston and they had a regatta on the Merrimack River in Pembroke, New Hampshire, yesterday.  The wind was wild and presented some challenges to the boaters.  In spite of that, it was a lovely day and fun event.  And, after the brutally hot summer we had here in New England, I have sworn I WILL NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT THE COLD, so I will not.  Truth of the matter is, if this had been on a 95 degree day I would not have been there, so the weather was perfect for me.  

Here's what rowing does does to the hands:


And, here is what it does to the spirit:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.