"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, September 9, 2010

ORDINARY KNITTING AND INSANITY

Yet another needle craft I thoroughly enjoy is knitting.  However, no one seems to want sweaters anymore (except for my toy poodle) and we have plenty of afghans, so a few years back I started knitting baby afghans.  And, I've kept on knitting baby afghans.  I've given many as gifts, but still have a box full waiting in the wings.  I knit one, toss it in the box, knit one, toss it in the box.....


Only others that are addicted to needle work would see this as "normal," and others would call it a bit of insanity.  I think it's completely normal. 

1 comment:

  1. I would like a fun and funky but not too bright sweater please! or a classic charcoal grey one with a feminine flair added, yeah, that's more me. yes, please.

    Misty and Cassy have plenty and there's enough baby afghans, darn it.

    Miss Lucy would love a sweater, and so would Hanz, he has begun shivering with the cooler weather coming in. What's funny is when you put a sweater on him and he stands there as if to say, "now what do I do?" LOL

    I'm still waiting for my quilt, too. wink wink

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.