"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

NEW SEWING TABLE

Now that it's obvious I'm sewing a lot and am going to keep on sewing a lot, I decided to finally get myself a proper sewing table.  I had been using an old desk but gave that to my son to use as a desk and so I was using a folding table that bounced (note:  not a good thing when embroidering a label with your machine).  

Stopped at JoAnn's last Friday and found this one, on sale for $99, usually $229.



Lucky me, my son is a whiz at putting together the kind of furniture that arrives in pieces in a box. 

If I take the sewing machine off the wing, and place it on top of the table, the wing folds in nice and neat to make a tidy looking cabinet.   Some people may sew with the machine on the large table part, and the wing out to hold a book or even a serger, but I like having the big table space available for pinning and arranging.  


Here you can see that there is a large table section that can be easily folded up if I pull the table away from the wall, which is easy because it's on nifty wheels.  When I need to run something big through the machine, I will do that, placing the machine on the large table surface.  

The project on the table is a Downy Quilt for Kids.  I needed a break in the cutting out of a full sized Diagonal Madness.  Madness is right.  

1 comment:

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.