"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

AND A NEW IRON

If you have one of these

Reesie Kitten
 and/or one of these

Misty Dawg
in your sewing room, then you need one of these:

Oliso Iron
 
Because at some point this

Reesie Kitten
is going to launch herself from that cozy window bed onto this


and if you have an iron that has to be up on it's heel, then you are going to either have a fried kitty cat or a smushed one of these




on your sewing room floor.  


Just got the Oliso iron, so am still checking it out.  It is always flat, and when you aren't using it, as shown in the picture, it rises up on magic feet.  When you want to use it, you just put your hand on the handle and magic sensing things lower the iron onto the board.  It gets very mixed reviews online, but so far I really like it.  I think problems happen if you stand it up on it's heel as you would a traditional iron.  I didn't find it tough to break that habit, and am glad to have an iron that is not going to mush, maim or burn a critter.  I especially like that it's auto shutoff doesn't happen until the iron is untouched for 30 minutes.  My Rowenta shut itself down in 5 or less minutes and drove me mad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.