"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Sunday, August 29, 2010

YELLOW S QUILT

When my daughter moved off campus into an apartment at the start of her sophomore year in college, I decided it was time for a college quilt.  She flipped through my books and picked out Kaffe Fassett's Yellow S Quilt, with his fabrics.  It didn't challenge my addled mind in picking out colors, and I thoroughly enjoyed the sewing.  The only thing I did not like is that you cannot cut some and sew some and cut some and sew some.  I've found this to be true with many of KF's quilts, you have to cut all of the fabric before making a block, because the fabrics are strewn about in the quilt, and no two blocks are alike.  

 

2 comments:

  1. Love this quilt, and I love Kaffe fabrics. I agree, you have to cut the blocks out all at once. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I so love this...I HAD to come back and see it.

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.