"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, August 12, 2010

THE STORY OF REESIE

OK, so I'm always up to something, at least that's what people tell me.  Luckily I have a husband who gets a boot out of it all and believes (perhaps mistakenly) that I've made his life much more interesting than it ever would have been. 

Sooo, this June he led a team of 17 youth and 5 adults on a mission trip to the Casa San Jose' Orphanage in Colima, Mexico.  My husband is away a fair amount, and so I do as I darn well please most of the time because I can.  When he was in Mexico this year, I went out and got Reesie kitten from Cape Ann Animal Aid in Gloucester, MA, where I volunteer once a week.  I got lucky, she loves dogs and is a great buddy to our Cassy dog.  

Dave considered himself lucky to come home to "only" a kitten, as he has come home to much worse.  Last January he was in Charlotte, NC, for a few days and returned to find me sitting on the couch, crying, right leg in a removable cast.  That morning I'd fallen down the stairs and broken my ankle.  So, from now on, when he comes home to anything but a broken bone,


life seems pretty good to him.  


Hmmmm, maybe I CAN get that laying hen that I long for.  I just have to figure out a way to keep the terrier from killing the hen.  There must be a way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.