"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

LET'S GET STARTED

Here I go, blogging.  My Friend Sue started a blog and I was envious so am following suit. 




Since I have a million pictures of my critters on my computer, that seems like a good place to start.  To the left is my 5 1/2 year old toy poodle Misty.  In the middle is 3 year old Cassy.  To the right is my 3 month old kitten Reesie and her best buddy, Cassy.  They play like mad all day long.

Right now I also have a foster dog in the house.  Lucy, rescued from a puppy mill at 3 years old, blind and shut down.  Through the work of her foster Mom, Denise (who was Cassy's foster Mom) Lucy is starting to come out of her shell bit by tiny bit.  And, on July 26 she had surgery to restore her sight.  She is vacationing here with us while Denise goes on vacation.  She is a simple, sweet girl.  Unfortunately , she is also a poster dog for puppy mills and what they do to a dog's spirit and body.  So, here's my first message to anyone reading this blog:

Get your shoes at the mall, get your dog at a shelter. 

2 comments:

  1. Perfect! I love it. It really is fun to keep an online journal of your "antics."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogland!!! Can't wait to follow along with your quilts and four-legged quilt helpers.

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.