"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Friday, August 13, 2010

DIAGONAL MADNESS

Here's Diagonal Madness quilted and Bound.  I'm very proud of this quilt, which I tackled just 1.5 years after starting my quilting "career."  As I explained in an earlier post, I went to Tennessee for a weekend workshop with Kaffe Fassett and Bradon M., where we cut and designed.  He gave me a lot of great pointers.  I had the quilting done on a long-arm, I love the quilting, which doesn't compete with the design in any way, and the long-armer used a bamboo batting.  For quilts that are going to be hung on a wall, she prefers the bamboo.  She finds that it makes for a better drape to the quilt, and I agree. 


3 comments:

  1. DM looks amazing! The quilting is perfect -- not too fussy. The yellow & blue just pop in the sunlight. It looks like a happy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is gorgeous - I love the rich colors you chose for your quilt. Thanks for sharing..
    Welcome to blog land- I am sure you are going to meet lots of new friends there.
    You can find my blog here:
    http://quiltmomsjourney.blogspot.com/
    Regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous...just so bright and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.