"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

DIAGONAL MADNESS

Last Fall My Friend Sue and I went to a workshop at Tennessee Quilts in Jonesboro, Tennessee.  First of all, it was more fun than a barrel full of monkeys, and second of all, it was with Kaffe Fassett.  He and his partner, Brandon M., gave a great lecture on Friday night and on Saturday we attended a full day workshop run by Kaffe and Brandon, on Diagonal Madness, from his Country Garden Quilts Book. They worked the room as we cut and designed, offering advice and critiquing.  It was a kick. 

Here's the top of mine, and I'll obviously have to add a picture of it quilted.  Sue and I brought a crazy assortment of fabrics we'd each picked out, and not many of them Kaffe's.  We figured it's a workshop on color, and we want to learn to think on our own.  If we want to think like him, we'll stay home and order his fabric, right?  Well, we were pretty much the only two at the workshop with something other than KF fabric and I'm thinking those girls in Tennessee, though warm and welcoming as could be,  were not impressed with us girls from the north.

What ever---Look at how well I learned?

2 comments:

  1. Nice to have you hear with us in blogland. I am originally from MA and now live in TN near Chattanooga. I really love it here but I know what you mean about some of the ladies you may have met at your workshop! I'm glad you followed your heart. Personnaly, I don't care for Kaffe fabrics...just too busy for me.
    I love your pets, I have no dog but I do have cats that have all been orphaned and now live very happily under our roof. I'll be following you regularly now and look forward to upcoming posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogging! You are off to a fantastic start and I have become a follower already! Love your blog and LOVE your quilt that you did in Kaffe's class! Wishing you the best and many hundreds of posts and followers!

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.