"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, August 19, 2010

BAPTISMAL QUILTS

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have begun making a quilt for each baby baptized at our church.  It is fun and rewarding.  I try to make the quilts simple and modest.  Here's a couple from this past spring.  


















This quilt was 
fun and simple.  I pieced the back to give it a little bit more interest.  The recipients sent me a picture of their baby playing on the quilt.  It is a very sweet picture that hangs on my bulletin board in the sewing room.  

Each quilt has a rather elaborate dedication on the back.  It seems as if these labels take more time than the quilt itself.  




















 We had two baptisms in one day this spring, two babies, boy cousins.  I decided to make them quilts of the same fabric.  


This Friendship Star came out a little bit too stark and uninspired, I would make small stars and more of them if I decided to do a similar quilt in the future.  










For the second of the two quilts, I chose pinwheels.  Easy and interesting, I think. 

1 comment:

  1. These are so very nice...I bet the parents really appreciate them!

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.